Appeal court sacks Ebonyi PDP rep declares APC candidate as winner
The Court of Appeal, Enugu has sacked the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member representing the Ikwo/Ezza South Federal Constituency in the National Assembly, Lazarus Ogbee.
The court handed victory to the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Chinedu Ogah.
Ogah had earlier, been declared winner of the February 23, 2019 National Assembly election for federal constituencyby the Election Petition Tribunal which sat in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
He had dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to the tribunal challenging its declaration of the candidate of the PDP, Ogbee, as the winner of the election.
Although the tribunal had ordered the INEC to withdraw the Certificate of Return issued to Ogbee and issue same to Ogah, it did not take place as the PDP candidate headed on appeal.
With this development, the APC now has one of the six House of Representatives seats from Ebonyi while the PDP has the rest three senators and five representatives.
Ogah in a swift reaction has dedicated the victory to God, democracy and the his teaming supporters who have remained steadfast.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022