Armed bandits have kidnapped six persons in Adamawa state.
A source said the kidnappers stormed Gurin, a village in Fufore Local Government Area, Saturday morning, and took the six away.
“The victims were kidnapped some four kilometers from Fufore along the Fufore-Gurin road in the early hours of Saturday,” the source said.
Indicating that the victims were nomadic Fulani, the source added, “They were grazing cattle when the kidnappers whisked them away and left the cattle wandering.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, who confirmed the incident, put the number of those kidnapped at four.
He said, “Four were kidnapped but the bandits freed one of them to take information home.”
This is the second confirmed case of kidnapping in Adamawa State in two weeks. Last Saturday, a professor at Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH) Yola, Zata, was kidnapped and released four days later.
Although the amount of ransom that secured the professor’s release was not mentioned, it has now come to light that N2 million was paid to the kidnappers.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group