Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), says the bench warrant issued against him is “merely academic.”
Kanu, who is facing trial alongside other Biafran activists for alleged treason, had gone into hiding months after his bail only to reappear in Israel after one year.
Following his continued absence in court, Binta Nyako, the judge who granted him bail, revoked it and issued a bench warrant against him.
But speaking during a broadcast on Radio Biafra, a recording of which was obtained by TheCable, Kanu said the warrant cannot stand outside the shores of Nigeria.
“In March last year, a continental human rights court restrained the Nigerian government from further persecution of members of IPOB, including my humble self. Till date, Nigerian government is yet to obey that Order,” he said.
“The bench warrant against me is merely academic. It will surely be ignored by an international legal and diplomatic order that has voiced its disapproval of what is happening to IPOB in Nigeria.”
– The Cable
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager