Borussia Dortmund CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke, has aimed a dig at the club’s former striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Aubameyang left Dortmund for Arsenal in January 2018, for what at the time was a club-record fee for the Gunners.
His time in the Premier League since then has certainly been a success, but the Gabonese is yet to play in the Champions League for the club.
Watzke has claimed Aubameyang was motivated by money when he left the club, who unlike Arsenal, have competed in every Champions League campaign since.
“Of course it is hard to keep a player in the face of such sums.
“Some go to clubs because of this money, where they have not played Champions League for years.
“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who plays great at Arsenal, will probably be warm-hearted when he looks at his bank account, but on Wednesdays, will be saddened when he has to watch the Champions League on television,” Watzke told Suddeutsche Zeitung.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group