Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said that Kieran Tierney will be involved in Thursday’s Europa League fixture against Standard Liege.
Tierney did not feature in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United on Monday and has been left out of the recent Scotland squad.
However, Emery, speaking to the media on Wednesday, insists there is no serious setback with the former Celtic left-back.
“He still needs time and confidence.
“Training and playing. Tomorrow is a good opportunity because he is ready to play. He will take minutes and confidence and show his prowess.
“He didn’t play in Manchester because he had a small problem – not important – but doctor said it would be better for him to prepare alone for tomorrow. For the next matches I think he is ready to play with us,” Emery said.
The Gunners boss also admitted that right-back, Hector Bellerin, will undergo a last-minute assessment.
“Hector Bellerin is the same but with a small difference. His injury was more time, after a long time, nine months, we need first to play the 15 minutes he played last week.
“He played in the U23s to take confidence, to do actions on the pitch.
“For tomorrow we are thinking – it depends on the training – tomorrow he is going to play,” Emery added.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group