Survivor  fund Enugu State Recruitment 2021

Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 Portal 

Kwara State Teachers Recruitment ( Requirements and How to Apply )

HOT!! University Unions At War As ASUU Fixes Month To Resume Another Strike

1 min


HOT!! University Unions At War As ASUU Fixes Month To Resume Another Strike
HOTUniversity Unions At War As ASUU Fixes Month To Resume Another Strike

 

 

The Academic Staff Union of Universities on Wednesday indicated that it might resume its suspended strike in February if the Federal Government failed to implement agreements it signed with the lecturers. The National President of  ASUU, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, disclosed this in an interview with Punch in Lagos,  while shedding more light on the decision of the union to suspend its nine-month strike. But while ASUU ended its industrial action on Wednesday, non-academic unions in universities threatened to go on strike over  N40bn earned  allowances government  promised to release to all unions. They described the sharing formula for the money as unfair. The Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, the National Association of Academic Technologists and the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities alleged that the government planned to give 75 per cent of the fund to ASUU,  leaving 25 per cent for the other three unions. Commenting on the issue on Wednesday at a  press conference in Abuja, the National President of NAAT, Ibeji Nwokomma,  said  government should correct the alleged imbalance. He stated, “My union is rejecting the sharing formula of the earned allowances as it is being done presently by the government. Government has allocated 75 per cent of the money to ASUU and 25 per cent to all  non-teaching unions in the universities. That is grossly inadequate. “That is robbing Peter to pay Paul and using divide and rule in the university system. No union, not even ASUU,  has the monopoly of opening or closing of schools through strikes; other unions also have that capacity to ensure that the system does not work.” Recall that ASUU  had on March 23 begun a nationwide strike over the Federal Government’s insistence that all its employees must register for the  Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System. Although government argued that the IPPIS was meant to eliminate fraud, the union stated that it should not be applicable to universities on the grounds that it violated their autonomy.       – Punch

READ ALSO  BREAKING!! ASUU Strike To Be Resolved Next Week — FG

 

 

HOTU! University Unions At War As ASUU Fixes Month To Resume Another Strike

 




Ads

More News Today

Share With Your Friends


Like it? Share with your friends!

Jake Clifford

Jake Clifford is a Nigerian Born blogger and a fast growing Journalist, whose aim is to inform Nigerians with happening across Nigeria. Send story tips to him via [email protected] or

Comments

comments

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Choose A Format
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality