The Federal Government has reached an settlement with members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
Addressing journalists on Monday night time after the meeting with the hanging lecturers in Abuja, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, talked about the overwhelming majority of their requires have been met along with the discharge of N15.4 billion for value of wage shortfalls.
According to him, the Federal Government can be throughout the technique of releasing one different N20 billion for value of earned allowances for faculty lecturers.
Meanwhile, the ASUU President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, talked about the National Executive Committee of the union will overview their decisions primarily based totally on the model new dedication by the federal authorities.
According to him, it is solely after that meeting of the ASUU administration that the union will announce its place on the continued strike movement.
Its been over two months as a result of the union went on strike following the alleged incapability of the federal authorities to reply its requires.
- #EndSARS: JUST IN! Niger Delta Militant Endorses Protest, Vow To Resume Attack If…
- BREAKING!! Lagos Govt Declares 24-Hour Curfew Over #Endsars Protest
- BREAKING!! #EndSARS: Soldiers and Police Take Over Communities Near Abuja Airport
- #ENDSARS: Resign Now, Protesting Youths In Ondo Tell Buhari
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Youths Have Spoken, But We Need Time — Buhari