Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi has revealed that he became a billionaire at 25 years of age due to hard work and commitment to duty.
Umahi, who made the declaration while interacting with leaders of Abakpa main market in Abakaliki, debunked social media reports that he owns shops at the market and built his house within one year.
“I work very hard, I am not a poor person, but a very, very rich person. You can’t use the state’s money and still do all these things (projects) we are doing, I don’t have any shop or any interest in the market,” he said.
The governor also said rescinding some of the decisions on the relocation of the traders from the market was due to the intervention by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). He also announced that the Abakpa market would now be designated and called Ebonyi Fruits and Vegetable Market.
“We presently have a special assistant on the market, the structures that are still strong are going to be renovated. The traders have two options: it is either you renovate it to our taste and become landlords or we do it on our own and you are no longer the landlord,” he added.
Umahi also announced that due to the intervention of CAN, the government has changed the date of the trader’s relocation to the state’s international market to Jan.10, 2020 instead of the original October 15, 2019.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group