ATIKU VOWS TO PRIVATIZE NNPC EVEN IF THEY WILL KILL HIM
Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has described the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) as a “mafia organisation”, vowing to privatise it if elected.
Speaking in Lagos all through an interactive session with the enterprise neighborhood on Wednesday, Atiku talked about he would take the step even when doing so would worth him his life.
He outlined that he purchased the idea to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo whom he deputised between 1999 and 2007 nevertheless that the earlier president did not approve of it.
Atiku talked about he is glad that NNPC would run larger if not managed by the federal authorities.
“Let me go back to my experience. When we got into office, I walked up to my boss and said “Sir, there are two mafia organisations in government: one is the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) while the other one is the National Electricity Power Authority (NEPA),” he talked about.
“I said unless we dismantle these mafia organisations, we cannot make progress. Let’s privatise them… the long and short of this is that I am committed to privitaisation as I have said. I swear even if they are going to kill me, I will do it (privatise NNPC).”
Atiku moreover spoke on how an educated throughout the petroleum sector influenced his stance on privatisation of NNPC.
“I asked a Nigerian professor based in America; I said ‘Prof, do you have ministry of petroleum in America?’ He said no,” he talked about.
“I discussed, ‘Do you have an organisation like NNPC over there?’ He talked about no. And America produces oil higher than any nation? He talked about certain.
“So I asked him, ‘How do they do it in America?’ and he said taxation and I decided that I will go by taxation too.”
Joined by Peter Obi, his working mate, Atiku fielded questions that ranged from the monetary system to security, nicely being and unemployment.”
He moreover criticised the current administration for the delay in passing the petroleum enterprise governance bill (PIGB).
Atiku, who talked about the extent of unemployment throughout the nation is worrying, narrated his encounter with idle youth all through his advertising and marketing marketing campaign rallies.
He talked about if left unchecked the scarcity of enough jobs might create a fair greater draw back.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- BREAKING!! Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok Ibas Given Seven Days To Explain ‘Unaccounted’ N11.5Million
- FULL LIST: Cross Youth Council Chairman Releases 34 New Appointments
- SAD NEWS: Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot Dies At 23
- Ekureku Coronate A New king
- How To Apply: FG Officially Begins Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on