Atiku vs Buhari: What presidential election tribunal ruling means – Lawan
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the president’s resounding victory at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
The Tribunal on Wednesday dismissed the petition by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in its entirety.
Lawan said, “The judgment of the tribunal has again put a judicial seal on the mandate freely given to the president by the Nigerian people in the February 23 presidential election.”
He urged the President to accept the affirmation of his election as a reminder of the confidence of Nigerians in his capacity to continue to lead Nigeria towards its manifest destiny of greatness.
The Senate President said the Nigerian people have great expectations from the Next Level Agenda of the President and further pledged the full cooperation of the National Assembly with the Executive in the pursuit of the best interest of the Nigerian people.
Lawan also commended the petitioners for using the judicial window prescribed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in seeking redress for their grievances and urged them to join hands with the government and the Nigerian people in the important task of nation-building.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Nigeria As FG Orders Civil Servants On Levels 12 And 13 To Resume
- Obasanjo To Critics: If I Die, Mourn Me Anyhow You Like, I Don’t Care
- Kano Court Sentences 22-Year-Old Singer To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad
- BE SINCERE!! Can You Leave Your Teeth Unbrushed For 2months For 2million Dollars?
- Hon. Femi Olaniyi Ferrari Congratulates Kabiyesi Onisolu Of Solu Alade Kingdom On His Coronation, Wishes Him Eventful Reign
Share this post with your Friends on