Atiku won Buhari in Kastina with over 905,000 votes – PDP Chair tells Court.
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja
The State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Katsina State , Salisu Maijigiri, told the Presidential Election Tribunal , on Tuesday , that his party ’s presidential candidate in the February 23 election , Alhaji Atiku Abubakar , defeated President Muhammadu Buhari , in the state .
Katsina is Buhari ’s home state .
Atiku and his party , are by their petition filed before the five -man tribunal led by Justice Mohammed Garba , challenging the victory of Buhari and the All Progressives Congress at the poll .
The petitioners , at the Day 4 of the presentation of their case on Tuesday , called as their eighth witness , Maijigiri , who said he served as the party ’s collation agent in the state for the presidential election in Katsina State .
Under cross-examination , by respondents ’ lawyers , Maijigiri said contrary to the results declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission , the results collated by his party in the state showed that APC polled 872 ,000 while PDP scored 905 ,000 .
The results INEC declared for the state , however , showed that PDP polled 160 , 203 votes while the APC polled 1, 505 ,633 .
Contradicting INEC ’s results , Maijigiri said ,”We ( PDP ) are the one who won the election not APC .
“APC scored 872 ,000 and PDP scored , 905 ,000 .
“These are our own results , we collated in our state not the ones from the server .”
Credit : PUNCH
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022