The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will arraign Mr. Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie in court on Wednesday next week.
Mr. Osagie, who is a legal advocate of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, will be arraigned at the Federal High Court in Lagos on a three count charge against him.
The charges border on alleged laundering of $2m in the build-up to this year’s general elections.
Also named in the charge is Erhunse Giwa-Osagie, who is said to be his brother.
The EFCC alleged that the two defendants conspired between each other to make a cash payment of $2m on February 12, 2019, without going through a financial institution.
The offence is said to be contrary to Sections 18(a) and 1(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 and were liable to be punished under Section 16(2)(b) of the same Act.
Channels Television gathered that the defendants will likely be arraigned next week.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group