Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade has directed all commissioners and other political appointees in his government to henceforth desist from making public and policy statements on social media.
Ayade gave the directive in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Christian Ita, in Calabar.
The governor warned the commissioners as well as appointees of government against granting or making both radio and television interviews/appearances without getting clearance from him.
“Henceforth, no commissioner or political appointee is allowed to showcase or make policy pronouncements on social media without seeking clearance from the governor.
“Every commissioner is henceforth expected to prove himself or herself on the field rather than on the social media.
“I want to make it clear that there are just two persons designated for the discharge of this function.
“They are the Commissioner for Information and Orientation as well as the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity,” the release stated.
The governor also warned that any contravention of the directive would be met with severe sanctions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health