Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade has directed all commissioners and other political appointees in his government to henceforth desist from making public and policy statements on social media.
Ayade gave the directive in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Christian Ita, in Calabar.
The governor warned the commissioners as well as appointees of government against granting or making both radio and television interviews/appearances without getting clearance from him.
“Henceforth, no commissioner or political appointee is allowed to showcase or make policy pronouncements on social media without seeking clearance from the governor.
“Every commissioner is henceforth expected to prove himself or herself on the field rather than on the social media.
“I want to make it clear that there are just two persons designated for the discharge of this function.
“They are the Commissioner for Information and Orientation as well as the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity,” the release stated.
The governor also warned that any contravention of the directive would be met with severe sanctions.
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (65 Positions) – Part B
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 For Graduate ( 67 Positions) Party-A
- Current Employment Opportuninties at Deloitte
- 2021 Graduate Trainee Program at MainOne Cable Nigeria