Governor Ben Ayade today declared the 2019 carnival theme, titled Humanity challenging mankind that every human being has a right to existence.
Speaking at the Exco chamber of the governor’s office, the governor said the participating bands must play out the theme of the 2019 carnival so the carnival doesn’t lose its value.
According to him the intellectual content of the carnival should be beyond dance where it must pass a strong message that would make the world a better place humanity.
To this end, he stated that the story should be stronger than the impulse of the carnival.
On the importance of the theme humanity, Ayade said animals are becoming more human while humans are becoming more animalistic.
An agitated governor Ayade,who was obviously saddened by man inhumanity to man, further echoed “it is the animal in you that denies you the sensibility to that neighbour that can’t send his child to school. Don’t be a source of pain to another person’s life.
Governor Ayade,who also said artificial barriers are all created by humanity expressed bitterness that the dreaded Ebola is a man made disease instigated by the discovery of wealth.
In her submission at event, former first lady,Mrs Onari Duke, who spoke on behalf of all the participating bands said the theme is insightful and would challenge the academia like never before.
According to her this deep message is something that will go across the world.
She thanked the governor for the theme and his commitment to making the carnival bigger and better.
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group