Cross River state governor, Professor Ben Ayade has warmed warring communities in the state to sheath their swords or face the wrath of government.
The governor described as unacceptable, the renewed hostilities in Abi local government area of the state.
The warning is contained in a release signed by Mr.Christian Ita, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
It quoted the governor as lamenting the renewed hostilities between Usumutong and Ebom communities in Abi local government area.
“It is heart-rending to note that at a time government is working on consolidating the prevailing peace in Cross River, some communities have chosen to go back to the trenches”, Ayade rued.
The release further quoted Professor Ayade as asking the warring communities to tow the path of peace by ceasing hostilities.
“While security personnel have been mobilized to the troubled communities to de-escalate the crisis, i hereby call on the warring sides to halt every act of agression.
“Government will not view with kindness further lose of lives and properties occassioned by avoidable communal crisis anywhere in the state”, the governor warned.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group