A One Month Intensive Practical Training on Cocoa, Rice, Livestock, Soya beans, Maize and Cotton Production
This program is aimed at sensitizing Youths in Cross River about the gains of Agro- entrepreneurship which include self- reliance, job creation self- employment among others.
TARGETED YOUTHS FOR VARIOUS AGRICULTURAL VALUE CHAIN FARMING/ PRODUCTION
– Youths (Age 18-30) in livestock production to provide birds for the multi-billion Naira ultra modern chicken processing factory, Calachika.
– Youths in rice farming to feed the ultramodern rice mill at Ogoja
– Youths in Cocoa production to satisfy cocoa seeds needs of the ultra modern cocoa processing factory, Ikom
– Youths in cotton production to feed the ultramodern garment factory the, the first of it’s kind in Africa
– Youths in yellow maize and soybeans production to engage in medium scale yellow maize production to provide feed for the birds at the integrated Cross River state poultry farm limited.
AGRICULTURAL VALUE CHAINS AND EMPOWERMENT CENTRES
1. Rice Farming ~ Obudu & Ogoja, Cross river state
2. Cotton Production ~ Yala as well, Obanliku, Cross river state
3. Cocoa Farming ~ Etung & Ikom, Cross River state
4. Livestock Production ~ Calabar & Odukpani, Cross River State
5. Soybeans farming ~ Obudu, Cross river state
6. Yellow Maize ~ Obubra, Cross river state
Partners: Institutes of Tropical Agriculture, IITA Ibadan, Oxfarms, AFSA, Olams Farms, Africa Rice center, CUSO International.
Convener: David Peter – 08169583558
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc