Babcock University has confirmed that a young man and a lady having sex in a video that has since gone viral were indeed its students.
The school, however, said both of them have since been expelled even as it maintained that the act did not take place on its premises.
Babcock University said in a statement by its Director of Communication and Marketing, Joshua Suleiman, that the video was taped in April 2019 when the young man, who had earlier been expelled in February, was undergoing rehabilitation at a health facility.
The statement read, “The boy in the video was expelled from Babcock University in February this year after investigation and the due process proved that he was into certain grievous misconducts, the acts for which the university has zero-tolerance.
“His girlfriend in the same video, until the video broke out, was third-year student of accounting of this university. After due process, she was expelled from the university for violation of our rules and regulations.
“The place where the immoral act took place, according to her written statement, was at St Bridget Hospital, Abeokuta, Ogun State, where the boy has been undergoing rehabilitation for different destructive addictions. According to the girl, the incident took place in April this year during school vacation when she visited the boy at the hospital. The act did not take place at Babcock University.”
The school described the incident as reflective of the general moral decay in the larger society.
The institution said it remains committed to the highest moral standards and would remain a standard-bearer for quality education in standard character, learning and in service to humanity.
Nigerian cable News
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021