Abductors of a nursing mother, including five other people in Matar Ghali, Kaduna, have reduced their ransom demand to five million naira as against the initially requested 20 million naira per individual kidnapped.
The kidnappers say the reduction is in sympathy for an innocent infant and his mother still in their custody in the forest.
The kidnapped had 4 days ago, at Danmani Community of Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, made the demands.
Recall that gunmen had attacked Unguwar Dan Mani village in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna state around 3:15 and abducted five people and a nursing mother in the community while shooting sporadically to scare away residents.
A ward head in the area who didn’t want his name in print said the bandits had called the family to make the demand because the infant was disturbing them with his cries in the forest.
‘‘Yes they called the family to demand five million naira as ransom, although initially, they demanded 20 million naira per head before they later reduced her own to five million naira because they claimed her little baby was crying a lot,” he said.
The source further added that as at press time none of the victims could afford the ransom demanded because they are all peasants
‘‘None of them could afford the ransom because they are not rich people, they were just managing their lives. All we are doing now is praying to God to help secure these people free, ” he said.
Residents say it is the first time such an unfortunate incident has occurred in their community
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021