BAN PASTORS FROM PREDICTING FAKE WINNERS OF 2019 ELECTIONS – SULTAN OF SOKOTO
Sultan of Sokoto Muhammadu Sa’advert Abubakar III has urged religious leaders to promote their views with warning to avoid heating up the polity ahead of the general elections.
He deplored the way in which by which some clerics predict the winners of elections, saying the event might set off a catastrophe, notably if the proclaimed candidate loses.
The Sultan, who could be President of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, acknowledged this in the midst of the second widespread assembly of the Interfaith Dialogue Forum for Peace (IDFP) in Abuja yesterday.
He regretted that politicians had been creating rather a lot stress throughout the nation. According to him, since religious leaders know that power comes from God, they should pray that their hottest candidates win pretty than promote out to vote seekers.
He talked about: “As religious leaders, we must be cautious about what we’re saying to our followers in church buildings and mosques, making an allowance for that we’re going to all, in some unspecified time in the future, stand sooner than Allah and account for our deeds. We must in no way allow ourselves to be used by any political get collectively or candidate. If you want to assist any get collectively or candidates, do it personally.
“Religious leaders should preach love for one another and do whatever they do with the fear of God. President Buhari has given assurances that the elections will be free and fair. But are the security agencies and politicians ready?”
Also, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Rev. Dr Samson Ayokunle urged politicians to shun desperation. He enjoined the residents to not vote for people who don’t have any completely different strategy of livelihood along with politics. He referred to as on the police and completely different security companies to be trustworthy to all occasions.
While urging the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to ship a good election, he regretted that some of us throughout the northeast would not be succesful to vote due to the insurgency. “They will be disfranchised. We should provide security for people,” he talked about.
- Kaduna State Government Recruitment 2020 / 2021 Volunteers – kdsg.gov.ng | See How to Apply
- Job for Graduate Retail Sales Executive at Sunu Assurances Nigeria Plc
- Job for Fleet & Logistics Manager at DRYVA Logistics
- Hot job for Milling Operator at Zee Rice – July 2020
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Edo: We Will Isolate Wike In An Isolation Centre, Before He Recovers, The Election Is Over — Ganduje
- BREAKING!! WAEC To Hold From August 4 To September 5, 2020 — FG
- Birthday: Blessing Egbara, A Quintessential Amazon — Dan Obo
- HAPPENING NOW!! Security Denies Journalists Entering As Panel Grills EFCC Boss In Aso Rock
- EXPOSED!! Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Election — Resigned Ondo SSG
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on