About 34 persons were killed yesterday May 21st by armed bandits who invaded three local government areas of Batsari, Dan Musa and Faskari in Katsina state.
According to residents of the affected local governments, 18 people were killed in Batsari local government area, five were killed in Dan Musa local government area and 11 were killed in Faskari local government area.
Scores were reported to have sustained injuries while some were still missing and their livestock carted away by the bandits.
Confirming the attacks, spokesman of the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, said those killed in Faskari were members of a vigilante group.
“On the Faskari incident, a group of Yansakai (vigilantes) from Sabon Layi village, went into the forest and confronted the bandits since yesterday and did not report back. Two corpses were recovered and buried by the villagers yesterday. A search party led by the DPO in Faskari recovered three other bodies inside the forest. A bandits’ camp was also discovered abandoned by d bandits. Investigation is ongoing” he said
Meanwhile residents of the state took to the streets yesterday to stage a protest demanding for immediate action in tackling the insecurity that has prevailed over the state in recent times. Recall that last year, the state governor, Aminu Masari, raised an alarm that the state was under a seige. Last month, bandits kidnapped the father inlaw of the ADC to President Buhari who resides in Daura, the village of President Buhari.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022