Suspected armed bandits have attacked some villages in Goronyo Local Government Area of Sokoto State, killing more than 20 persons.
The assailants, armed with sophisticated weapons, reportedly stormed the villages Wednesday night and started shooting indiscriminately.
A source told the Punch that “More than twenty villagers were killed while houses and other properties were destroyed.
“Many others have fled their homes to seek refuge in nearby communities within Goronyo and Isa L0ocal Government Areas of Sokoto State.”
The Police Public Relations Officer Sokoto State Police Command, Mohammed Abubakar Sadiq confirmed the attack took place in Dan Tatsako village, but said tat the number of casualties is yet to be ascertained.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )