Suspected armed bandits have attacked some villages in Goronyo Local Government Area of Sokoto State, killing more than 20 persons.
The assailants, armed with sophisticated weapons, reportedly stormed the villages Wednesday night and started shooting indiscriminately.
A source told the Punch that “More than twenty villagers were killed while houses and other properties were destroyed.
“Many others have fled their homes to seek refuge in nearby communities within Goronyo and Isa L0ocal Government Areas of Sokoto State.”
The Police Public Relations Officer Sokoto State Police Command, Mohammed Abubakar Sadiq confirmed the attack took place in Dan Tatsako village, but said tat the number of casualties is yet to be ascertained.
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Recruitment 2020 / 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment in a Microfinance Bank in Enugu State
- Latest Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc
- Latest Job Opportunities at Royal Mifadelo Global Foundation
- Ongoing Job Recruitment in a Community Pharmacy based in Lagos (Pearldrops Healthcare Staffing