Raging bandits over the weekend attacked a community in Sokoto State, kidnapping many residents of the area.
SaharaReporters gathered that the victims include a new bride, nursing mother and her baby.
The incident happened at Sutti Village under Tangaza Local Government Area of the state.
Residents said the heavily-armed bandits shot sporadically into the air, scaring residents.
The nursing mother was identified as wife of Magajin Garin Sulli, a traditional chief in the town.
It was gathered that the bandits also kidnapped a yet-to-be ascertained number of traders along Balle-Tangaza Road in the state.
Killings and kidnapping for ransom have continued in Northern Nigeria despite security reinforcement in the region.
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company
- Recent Vacancies at Sumehck Foam Industries Limited
- Recruitment For Graduate Interns at Henkel