Battle for Presidency 2023 : El-Rufai, Fayemi, others behind plot to remove Oshiomhole as APC chair
Indications emerged yesterday, that Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, his Kaduna and Kano States counterparts, Nasir El-Rufai and Umar Ganduje are behind the clandestine plot to remove Adams Oshiomhole as the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
On June 24, 2018, Oshiomhole emerged unopposed as the national chairman of APC and it is believed that he is working for the emergence of former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu as the party’s presidential candidate in 2023.
Sources confided in WazobiaReporters that State Chairmen of the APC in Ekiti, Kaduna and Kano States, who were at the forefront of the “Oshiomhole must go” agitation yesterday, acted as directed by Governors Fayemi, El-rufai and Ganduje.
One of the sources said it was all about who picks the presidential ticket of the APC in 2023 as Oshiomhole is seen as Tinubu’s man.
Immediately after the APC National Executive Council (NEC) meeting yesterday, some aggrieved NEC members had asked Oshiomhole, to resign.
They accused Oshiomhole of disregard for President Muhammadu Buhari at the today’s NEC meeting, adding that the meeting ended abruptly.
The aggrieved group include majorly state chairmen of the party.
Zamfara state chairman, Hon. Lawal M. Liman, who is also the spokesman for the APC State Chairmen Forum, read the press statement on behalf of the aggrieved NEC members.
He said “under the current national chairman of the party, most of goodwill acquired by the party has been eroded.
“Arising from the foregoing and having regards to the huge responsibilities bestowed on us as officers of the party and in the overriding interest of our our members, we are left with no option but to demand that Comrade Adams Oshiomhole resigns his position as National Chairman, in order to stem the slide and provide an enabling environment for genuine healing, reconciliation and the practice of true democracy, within the party across the country.”
Some of the APC State Chairmen who want Oshiomhole removed are:
1. Lawal M. Liman – Zamfara
2. Arc. Bala Kangiwa – Kebbi
3. Habibi Sara – Jigawa
4. Ade Adetimehin- Ondo
5. Abdullahi Abbas – Kano
6. Abba Yaro – Benue
7. Omotoso Paul – Ekiti
8. Engr. Mohammed Jibril Iman – Niger
9. Anslem Ojezua – Edo
10. Philips Shekwo – Nasarawa
11. Rtd Air Com Ikeda – Kaduna
12. Lakep Dabah – Plateau
13. Shitu Shitu – Katsina
14. Isah Sadiq Acida – Sokoto
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution