The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri, on Wednesday, refrained from mentioning the name of his running mate for the November 16 governorship poll.
This is even as the deadline given by the Independent National Electoral Commission to parties to submit names of candidates for the November 16 governorship election in the state is expected to end in six days.
Diri spoke on Wednesday at an interactive session with journalists when he visited the state council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists in Yenagoa.
The PDP flagbearer had refused to respond to a question by a reporter who asked him who he is considering as running mate.
Diri, in his response to the question, asked the journalist to “go to the INEC website.”
He said, “If you go to the INEC website, you will know who my running mate is.
“I ran a primaries; after the primaries, I ran under a platform which is my party, the PDP.
“And the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria empowers me to nominate a running mate.
“And when I do that, I’m not doing that alone; I’m doing that through my party.
“And my party has the responsibility of forwarding that name to INEC and it is only when INEC has published that he becomes my running mate.
“And that’s why I’m referring you to INEC website.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group