Bayelsa LG Polls: Political parties threatens to boycott polls over appointment of PDP member as BSIEC Chairman
Over sixty political parties in Bayelsa state have concluded plans to boycott the August 10th local governments election over the appointment of Honourable Ball Oyarede, a card carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP when was he appointed.
The political parties, under the aegis of the Inter -party Advisory Council, have to this end, issued a-three-day ultimatum to the Bayelsa State Government to revoke his appointment to state their stand.
Meanwhile, the Bayelsa State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has reacted to the threat by political parties to boycott the forthcoming Local Government polls; describing it as a sign of unpreparedness on their parts.
The Party’s State Publicity Secretary, Barrister John Macbere, stated this during a chat with our correspondent in Yenagoa, the state capital.
The PDP spokesman stressed that if they are so convinced of irregularities in the process, they should take up a legal action.
How prepared are the political parties ahead of the forth coming local government elections in Bayelsa state slated for August 10th?
Join our guests, Eneye Zidougha, Chairman Inter-party Advisory Council IPAC Bayelsa State, Engineer Samuel Adigio, publicity secretary of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, Bayelsa State, and Victor Werinepre Fisi, Chairman Accord Party today Saturday June 15, on Viewpoint, Silverbird Rhythm 94.7 Yenagoa from 8:15am to 10am
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Ayade’s Aide, Ogodo Sends Condolence Message To Mrs Ogbene Over Husband’s Death
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
Share this post with your Friends on