Bayelsa State has finally joined COVID-19 infested states in Nigeria as the waterlogged state recorded its index case on Sunday.
Ebonyi State also recorded its first case on Sunday which brings the total number of confirmed cases to 1273 as at on Sunday.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease (NCDC) disclosed this on Sunday night while updating Nigerians on the number of confirmed cases on its verified Twitter handle.
NCDC also announced 91 fresh confirmed cases of the ravaging Coronavirus in 15 states and the FCT Abuja.
Of the 91 new cases, Niger Delta states of Edo, Rivers, Ondo, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa alone recorded 11 new cases.
The Centre Al’s disclosed that the country’s death rate from the pandemic had reached 40 while 239 patients have been discharged as of Sunday.
“91 new cases of #COVID19 reported; 43-Lagos, 8-Sokoto, 6-Taraba, 5-Kaduna, 5-Gombe, 3-Ondo, 3-FCT, 3-Edo, 3-Oyo, 3-Rivers, 3-Bauchi, 2-Osun, 1-Akwa Ibom, 1-Bayelsa, 1-Ebonyi and 1-Kebbi.
“As at 11:50pm 26th April- 1273 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Discharged: 239. Deaths: 40.
It, however, clarified that “One case previously reported in Lagos, is now an Ondo State case.
“The total number of confirmed cases in Lagos is 731, and 8 in Ondo
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line