Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, has approved the resumption of school for primary six pupils in public and private primary schools in the state on September 7.
This was announced in a statement on Saturday, August 29, in Yenagoa by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Education, Walton Liverpool.
Gov Diri directed heads of public primary schools and operators of private schools to work towards re-opening schools on the approved date.
The statement read: “The Executive Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri, has approved the re-opening of primary six pupils in all public and private primary schools with effect from 7 September, 2020.
“All headmasters of public primary schools and proprietors of private schools are by this announcement directed to resume schools for primary six pupils on 7 September, 2020.
“However, COVID-19 materials shall be supplied to all schools through the Ministry of Education before the resumption date.”
Daily Times reports that Primary and secondary schools had remained closed in Bayelsa since March following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group