Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, has approved the resumption of school for primary six pupils in public and private primary schools in the state on September 7.
This was announced in a statement on Saturday, August 29, in Yenagoa by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Education, Walton Liverpool.
Gov Diri directed heads of public primary schools and operators of private schools to work towards re-opening schools on the approved date.
The statement read: “The Executive Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri, has approved the re-opening of primary six pupils in all public and private primary schools with effect from 7 September, 2020.
“All headmasters of public primary schools and proprietors of private schools are by this announcement directed to resume schools for primary six pupils on 7 September, 2020.
“However, COVID-19 materials shall be supplied to all schools through the Ministry of Education before the resumption date.”
Daily Times reports that Primary and secondary schools had remained closed in Bayelsa since March following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022