Bayern Munich President, Uli Hoeness, has insisted that his club will stop sending players to Germany national team if Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen replaces the Bavarians shot-stopper, Manuel Neuer, as the team’s number one goalkeeper.
Ter Stegen is set to replace Neuer as the country’s number one goalkeeper when they take on Argentina in an international friendly and Estonia in the Euro 2020 qualifier next month.
But Hoeness is now saying that Bayern Munich would never accept that.
“We would never accept that,” Hoeness was quoted by Sport Bild as saying.
“Before that happens, we will no longer provide players for the national team.”
Meanwhile, speaking earlier this month about not being able to become Germany’s number one goalkeeper, Ter Stegen said, “It is not easy to find an explanation [for not starting] as I am giving the best account of myself in every game to make the decision more difficult.
“I am nonetheless trying [to become the first-choice goalkeeper], but this trip with the national team has been a tough blow for me.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022