Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor, Continues To Sit On The Fence, Shun Another PDP Governor’s Forum Meeting
Recall that the Governor has expressed his dissatisfaction with the way his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, has handled various matters in his state recently.
Ayade stated he had been undercut by the party because of his decision to follow the route of value and credibility in politics while hosting Governor of Bauchi State, Bala Muhammed.
I cannot choose to ignore PDP’s difficulties and opt not to know what to do at the correct moment for the benefit of their [Cross River people].
I know you’re not a person who tolerates injustice. They will see a new Cross River State as a result of a single wrong.
…and I add this as a cautionary note because it appears that your party celebrates those who threaten and stress them.
All of the state’s councillors, council chairmen, House of Assembly members, commissioners, and National Assembly members, with the exception of one, are all PDP members, and they are all under my command.
I’m glad you’ve given us an opportunity for dramatization. So, today, I’m seated on the fence, dancing. Yes, it is correct.
While I believe in peace ecclesiastics and the catechism of good faith, I also believe in respect for an office’s supremacy.
So, if you take a catalytic mixture of what I’ve said, it tells you that advised caution is required, as well as some individuals moving forward as a people, as a party.
I believe the moment has come for us all to stand together and say “enough is enough.”
Read Full Communique Below:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY THE PDP GOVERNORS’ FORUM AT THE END OF ITS MEETING IN IBADAN, OYO STATE ON MONDAY, 17TH MAY, 2021.
The PDP GOVERNORS’ FORUM met in Ibadan, Oyo State on Monday, 17th May 2021, further reviewed the State of the nation, particularly, practical next steps to take to advance the conversation on the worsening security situation and collapsing economy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. At the end of the one-day consultative meeting, the Forum, issued the following Communique.
1. The meeting called on Mr President as the Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria and Commander in Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces to immediately send an Executive Bill to the National Assembly to amend the Nigerian Constitution to devolve more powers to the States with respect to security arrangements culminating in some form of State Policing and the general security architecture.
2. In the interim, Mr President should summon an immediate meeting of the Nigerian Police Council, which comprises Mr President and all State Governors and other critical stakeholders to evolve and implement strategies to combat the present threats to our union, especially with respect to policing. The meeting agreed that the Police Force still remains the appropriate institution to secure our democracy and should not be subjected to personal attacks. The welfare, training, equipment, funding of all security agencies should be given priority.
3. The meeting supports the earlier position taken by the Nigeria Governors Forum, Northern Governors Forum and recently by the Southern Governors Forum to adopt ranching as the most viable solution to the herders / farmers clashes in Nigeria; the restructuring of the Nigerian federation to devolve more powers and functions to the States; and reform of various civil institutions to achieve efficiency and equity for all sections of Nigeria.
4. The meeting enjoins all Nigerians to work together to achieve peace and harmony with one another, devoid of discrimination based on ethnicity, religion and other cleavages. To this end, the meeting called on the incompetent and rudderless APC Government to take bold and deliberate steps to de-escalate and lower tensions in our country, and concentrate on projects and policies that will enhance and promote national unity and cohesion.
5. The meeting re-iterated our earlier call for the National Assembly to expedite action on the passage of the Electoral Act that will ensure a free and fair election, including provisions for electronic accreditation and electronic transmission of votes.
6. The meeting thanked the Host Governor, His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State for being a gracious and wonderful host, and congratulated him for the many landmark developmental projects he has executed, and urged him to continue to work with all stakeholders in the South West Zone to ensure that PDP takes over majority of the States in the Zone.
In attendance are:
Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, CFR – Sokoto State – Chairman
Gov. Udom Emmanuel – Akwa Ibom State – Member
Gov. Sen. Douye Diri – Bayelsa State – Member
Gov. Samuel Ortom -Benue State -Member
Gov. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa – Delta State – Member
Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Enugu State – Member
Gov. Nyesom Wike, CON – Rivers State – Member
Gov. Engr. Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde – Oyo State – Member
Gov. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri -Adamawa State -Member
Gov. Godwin Obaseki – Edo State -Member
Gov. Bala Mohammed -Bauchi State – Member
Deputy Gov. Mahdi Mohd -Zamfara State -Deputy Governor
RT. HON. AMINU WAZIRI TAMBUWAL, CFR
Chairman, PDP Governors’ Forum
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021