Abba Moro, Senator representing Benue South Senatorial District has congratulated the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom on his victory at the election tribunal.
Emmanuel Jime of the All Progressives Congress had approached the court, seeking the nullification of Ortom’s election, citing irregularities and over voting during the last election.
However, the tribunal threw out Jime’s case for failing to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.
Reading the judgment on Monday evening, Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Henry Olusiyi, said Jime’s request for nullification of Ortom’s election lacked merit and “hereby dismissed outrightly.”
Reacting, Senator Moro expressed happiness at the ruling.
A statement by Moro’s Special Assistant on New Media, Emmanuel Eche-Ofun John said the lawmaker
“is happy that the Governor won at both the polls and the tribunal, which further confirmed that the people of Benue State willingly gave him their mandate in the last election.
“He prays for wisdom for the Governor to deliver on his campaign promises, to leave Benue better than he met it.
“He also urged the Governor to continue with his developmental strides to deliver more dividends of democracy to the people of Benue State.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022