Beware Of Social Media Results – INEC Warns
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Kebbi state has urged politicians to be cautious of social media posts after voting previous to the official declaration of end result by the fee.
The resident electoral commissioner (REC) within the state, Alhaji Ahmad Mahmud, gave the recommendation throughout an interactive session with stakeholders in Birnin Kebbi on Monday.
“Fake information is now a development and might mar our efforts to make sure free, honest and credible elections.
“We urge you to be cautious of social media posted outcomes earlier than official declaration.
“Only INEC returning officers at wards, local governments and state levels have the statutory authority and power to declare the results,” he mentioned.
He mentioned that 1,938,171 everlasting voter playing cards (PVCs) had been obtained from INEC headquarters out of which 1,860,239 had been distributed, leaving 77,932 PVCs unclaimed.
“We have all of the delicate supplies at CBN custody, so now we have no worry for the supplies now.
“I collected the remaining delicate supplies that we had been awaiting for and by Wed, Feb. 20, we’re going to begin distributing them to distant areas and by Friday 22.
“We hope to finish the distribution in all the 21 local government areas of the state.”
According to him, the state has 225 wards, 1,345 voting factors and a couple of,398 polling models within the 21 native authorities areas.
“We nonetheless preserve our association as we had earlier advised earlier than the postponement that, we’re going to use 520 autos within the transportation of advert hoc workers and election supplies.
“This is part of our arrangement with the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Federal Road Service Corps (FRSC) as well as security agencies on transportation.”
He assured that INEC was decided to make sure free, clear and honest elections however urged the people to proceed to hope for profitable conduct of the train.
The REC mentioned that particular preparations had additionally been made to care for bodily challenged individuals to allow them train their franchise with out hitches.
The News Agency of Nigeria reviews that the stakeholders on the interactive session had been safety businesses, representatives of political events, conventional and non secular leaders in addition to varied NGOs and CSOs.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on