Governor Ben Ayade has averted a time bomb in boki local government area, with the speedy settlement of the controversial boundary problem between Isobendeghe and Boje communities. The crisis was recently settled with a peace tour embarked by the security committee in the local government area.
It would be recalled that since the inauguration of the Security Committees of the 18 Local Government Areas in Cross River State, Boki Security Committee, even in its infantry, has become the center of interest as applauses and appraisal rocks the air because of the assiduous swiftness with which the committee, ably led by Pastor John Ewa responds to the numerous challenges in Boki. Only recently, precisely on the 8th of May 2019, the Security Committee rescued a time bomb situation by settling the controversial boundary between Isobendeghe and Boje communities. Together with the Clan heads and chiefs of the aforementioned communities and the Military, police, DSS and Civil Defence. The The two parties involved agreed that the stream called Akam Akam by the Boje people and Ejoghejoghe by the Isobendeghe people, become the boundary between both communities. The boundary was marked and the communities have agreed to nominate 5 persons each to work with the technical committee to mark the boundary from agreed point to the Afi River.
Pic 1)Arrival at the boundary
2 The chairman addresses the technical committee
3 Fr Patric Bassey prays
4This is spot agreed by both communities
5 The clan heads of Boje and Esoben with their community leaders gives their consents.
6The clan heads marks the boundary
7 The clan head of Esoben presents a drink to his counterpart from Esoben. At this point it was a celebration of peace and forgiveness.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution