Boki youth urged to drop arms and embrace peace
By Jake Clifford & Okache Matthew, Calabar
The Lead Mediator of the Boki Youth Amnesty Programme, Mr Billy Enyia has called on the entire youth of Boki to drop their arms and embrace peace.
In a telephone interview with Okache Matthew, Mr Billy said the incident which erupted in the late hours of Monday, October 21 is highly regrettable as the entire leadership of Boki has frown against it, and called on all those involved to lay down their arms.
Billy, when asked if the incident is in connection with the Boki Freedom Fighters, said no that the leader of the group had before now surrender his arms to the government since he was granted Amnesty.
According to Billy, that recently the Osokom axis of Boki have had series of cult clashes and it is worrisome how youths slaughtered themselves on daily basis for unprofitable associations.
“But Recently we have had issues at the Osokom axis of Boki and it’s worrisome and I want to encourage the youths to drop their arms and embrace peace since the government had already granted Amnesty to Boki, whatever implementation that is there, government will continue with it”.
“The youths should try and safe themselves from this menace that is ravaging Boki today its highly regrettable and that is my concern”.
Continuing, Enyia said the fighting that is going on in Boki has nothing to do with Amnesty but a confraternity thing (a pure cult fight).
Enyia therefore, called on the government of Cross River State to speed up the privatization of the Boki Palm Estate and take punishable actions against any suspected cultist in Boki.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021