Boundary Dispute: Ayade sends SOS To Air Force over ongoing killings in C’River, Ebonyi
Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River state has confirmed there’s an ongoing bloody conflict between the Ukelle people of the state and the people of Izzi group in Ebonyi state.
The governor had instantly solicited the assistance of the Air Officer Commanding, Mobility Command of the Nigerian Air Force, Peter Uzezi who known as on him few hours in the past on the Government House in Calabar.
Ayade mentioned: “I received a text message that there is a full fledged war between Cross River and Ebonyi going on right now, around Izzi in Ebonyi and Ukelle, Cross River area. Lives are being lost; they are firing and killing, even as arson is taking place there right now.”
He appealed to the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Sadique Abubakar, to cultivate one helicopter within the state in an effort to give the wanted sensible air cowl alongside the risky communities.
He additionally disclosed that he has known as on the Commander of the 13 Brigade of the Nigerian Army to reply by deploying his males to cease the killings in each communities.
Ayade recalled that lately there was additionally a reported disaster between Osokpong group in Obubra, Cross River and its neighbours in Ebonyi state.
The governor mentioned the decision to the Army and NAF was crucial as it can verify the lingering disaster involving Cross River and its neighbouring states together with worldwide communities who share boundaries with the state.
He maintained that “the length of the state and its advantage of having two airports need to be considered as the factors will make the operations easy and useful.”
Responding, Uzezi assured that he’ll contact Air Force Headquarters to usher in surveillance airplane to fly and see what is going on on floor.
He promised the NAF management’s dedication to make sure that Cross River state, in addition to different states within the nation stay secured.
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Research Centres of Excellence In Nigerian Universities
- Kogi: We Must Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate — PDP Gives Musa Wada Hope
- 2023: Will Atiku Take Another Shot At The Presidency, What Are His Chances Of Wining?
- Serious Trouble In NDDC As Akpabio, Ex-NDDC Managing Director Fight Dirty
- Lockdown: One Feared Dead As Police, Thugs Ransack Ogun Community
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on