Nigeria coach, Gernot Rohr has hinted that William Troost-Ekong will captain the Super Eagles when they file out against Brazil in a friendly to be played at the National Stadium in Singapore on October 13.
The team’s captain Ahmed Musa has been omitted from the latest roster because he’s still recovering from injury.
Troost-Ekong, who made his international debut in 2015, previously wore the captain’s armband in matches against Poland, Egypt and the most recent game with Ukraine.
In terms of international experience and national team caps, CD Leganes central defender Kenneth Omeruo leads the way having played 52 games since his senior debut in 2013, while goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa is the oldest player at 30.
Asked what his next tasks would be, Rohr told Mannheimer Morgan, ”We have rejuvenated the team further, the average age is now 23 years. Captain William Troost-Ekong is our oldest player at the age of 26.
”On October 13 we have a friendly against Brazil in Singapore. This will be followed by two qualifiers for the Africa Cup 2021 on 11 November against Benin and on 19 November in Lesotho.”
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group