BREAKING!!! 144 Nigerian Policemen Arrive Somalia To Help Them Fight Insecurity
144 Nigerian policemen arrive in Somalia to provide security: The Africa Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has announced the arrival of a contingent of 144 policemen and women from Nigeria to boost stabilization efforts.
The officers, including women, quietly departed Nigeria at the weekend. They have Samuel Ita-as the commander.
AMISOM Police operations coordinator Daniel Ali Gwambal said 30 of the police officers will serve under the AMISOM for one year.
They will be deployed to Beletweyne in HirShabelle State.
The rest will serve in various roles in the capital, Mogadishu.
Certain specific duties are also incumbent on them to perform while they are here such as regular patrols at checkpoints, guard static duties and other duties that involve general policing,” he added.
Gwambal said the officers will work on providing VIP escort and protection services, training, and assisting the SPF in public order management.
They will also conduct joint patrols with their Somali counterparts and secure key government installations and high-level events.
The AU mission said the arrival of the Nigerian contingent is a major boost to law and order efforts, as they will be working in concert with their Somali counterparts in ensuring improved security in liberated areas.
The commander of the newly deployed unit, Samuel Ita, said his officers were eager to begin discharging their duties, to help advance the mission’s mandate.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution