Two persons were reportedly killed on Monday in a clash between farmers and herdsmen in Sobe, Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State.
Punch reports that trouble started over the alleged slaughtering of an 11-year-old boy, who had gone to fetch firewood for his family.
An eyewitness told the newspaper that the boy, whose body was found on Sunday inside a bush, was allegedly killed by herdsmen grazing on the farm.
The eyewitness, who sought anonymity, said the boy’s relatives from the Kwale extraction mobilised the youth for a reprisal, went after the herders, and killed one of them in the process.
Chairman of the local government, Mr Frank Ilaboya, while reacting to the killings, appealed for calm in the community.
Ilaboya said he has informed the Edo Commissioner of Police, Lawal Jimeta, about the killings and also requested reinforcement.
“There is the need for everybody to remain peaceful and calm in the community,” he added.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )