69 Former Councillors Dump APC, Defect To PDP
Weetalknaija.com.ng can authoritavely report that At least 69 former Councillors and 14 local government council secretaries have announced their defection from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Zamfara State.
This is contained in a statement signed by Jamilu Iliyasu, the Press Secretary to Governor Bello Matawalle, and made available to newsmen on Tuesday.
He said the defectors, who had served as elected councillors between 2012 and 2019, moved from the APC to the PDP under the auspices of the state chapter of the Ex-Councillors Forum.
The leader of the ex-councillors, Tukur Magami, said their decision to leave their former party followed their strong belief in the leadership style of the governor.
He mentioned especially his fight against insecurity and his provision of good political atmosphere in all parts of the state.
He said that the present administration had proved that it was a government for all as it did not victimise or threaten the political affiliation of members of other political parties.
According to the forum’s leader, such an administration needs the coming together and support of all for it to continue to provide democratic dividends to all citizens in the state.
In his response, Matawalle, who expressed delight while receiving the PDP new entrants, called on all well-meaning citizens in the state to join him in moving the state forward.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health