Anambra State has recorded its index case of Coronavirus.
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) in a tweet confirmed that 17 new cases were recorded as at half past nine on Friday evening.
The breakdown, according to the tweet, showed that Lagos has 8 new cases, Katsina 3, FCT 2, Niger 1, Kaduna 1, Anambra 1, and Ondo 1.
The tweet partly reads: “As at 09:30pm, 10th April, there are 305 confirmed cases of #Covid19 reported in Nigeria, 58 have been discharged with 7 deaths.”
News Express reports that Anambra State has been placed on lockdown for two weeks with the closure of its borders, schools, and markets, among others, except for those selling essential items like food and drugs.
However, despite the lockdown, people still moved about freely without protective gears or observing social distancing rules, while the security personnel guarding the borders have been accused of collecting bribe ranging from N500 to N1,000 to allow people into the state.
Confirming the news, the state Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr C Don Adinuba, said that the index case may have entered into the state before the closure of the boundaries two weeks ago.
He said: “People must observe social distancing because the easiest way to contact the virus is by coming close to an infected person.”
Adinuba, while urging residents not to panic, said the state is already tracing persons who may have come in contact with the index case.
Source : Newsxpress & weetalknaija Blog
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst