Former governor of Cross River State, Senator Liyel Imoke has congratulated Dr. Alex Egbonna and Dr. Davis Etta for emerging winners of the re-run elections for Abi/Yakurr Federal Constituency and Abi State Constituency respectively.
Egbonna is of the All Progressives Congress (APC) while Etta is of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Imoke in a statement personally signed by him and issued on Sunday, said with the elections over, it was time for all to unite for the common good of the people of the federal constituency.
While acknowledging that “through the course of this season, as is always the case, tensions were perceived to be high,” he was happy that “ultimately the elections were peaceful.”
He commended both the politicians and electorate “for the maturity exhibited through this election season. Now that elections are over and I believe the better politicians won, we must all sheath our swords and unite for our common good.
“We must condemn and abhor the denegration and abuse of leaders and the perpetuation of divisive tendencies. Abi/Yakurr and indeed Cross River State, can only grow if we give our representatives the requisite support. I also expect that Alex (Egbonna) and Davis (Etta) will provide qualitative representation for the Federal Constituency and the State Constituency, respectively.
“Finally, while acknowledging everyone’s constitutional right to seek redress, I advise that this matter not be pursued any further in the courts. For John Gaul and Iwara, I believe you did your best and I wish you well in your future endeavours.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021