BREAKING: APC Appeal Committee Upholds Obaseki’s Disqualification
The Screening Appeal Committee of the All Progressives Congress has upheld the disqualification of Governor Godwin Obaseki.
The appeal committee presented its report to the National Working Committee on Saturday.
The PUNCH learnt that the committee led by Dr Abubakar Fari cited discrepancies in the dates on Obaseki’s University of Ibadan certificate.
Presenting the committee’s report, Fari said, “It is inconceivable that the same University will award two certificates with separate dates for the same graduate.
“We also find it difficult to vouch for the authenticity of his National Youth Service Corps certificate, there is no indication as to where he served.
“We find that he should be disqualified.”
The screening committee of the party, headed by Prof Jonathan Ayuba, had on Friday said the governor was disqualified from participating in the party’s June 22 primary because of the discrepancies in his names and certificates and for taking the party to court in contravention of the party’s rules.
In the report received by the National Chairman of the party, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, Ayuba noted that Obaseki claimed to have obtained a Higher School Certificate from the Institute of Continuing Education in Benin but that he did not produce the certificate and that the document he produced only attested to his attendance.
He said further that the governor’s NYSC certificate reads ‘Obasek Godwin’ and that while this could be an error on the part of NYSC, the governor never took any step “to correct the anomaly.”
Obaseki and two other aspirants, Chris Ogiemwonyi and Mathew Iduoriyekenwen, were disqualified from participating in the party primary ahead of the September 19, 2020 governorship election in the state.
Those cleared to take part in the primary were Mr Osaro Obaze, Dr Pius Odubu, and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
However, The PUNCH learnt that one of the disqualified aspirants might be cleared to contest in the Edo APC governorship primary.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Job Vacancies at Giant Beverages Limited
- Cross River State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form Portal | www.crossriverstate.gov.ng
- Jobs in Nigeria 2020 at Tizeti Network Limited (Wifi.com.ng)
- Jobs in Nigeria at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited [ 8 positions 14 Slots ]
- Olam Nigeria Limited 2020 Nationwide Graduate Recruitment
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- JUST IN!! Another Victory For Obaseki As Edo Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas, Urge Ize-Iyamu To Try Out His Luck At Guber Poll
- BREAKING!! Trouble Looms In Nigeria As Akpabio Finally Released Names Of Lawmakers Who Collected NDDC Contracts (FULL LIST)
- Cross River Govt Flag Off 2020 Hepatitis Week
- C/River Govt Proposes N147.130Billion For 2020 Amended Budget
- Buhari Names Major Railway Stations After Saraki, Tinubu, Others
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on