This is to officially inform the general public to disregard the fake news flying about that pastor Ize Iyamu’s name has been submitted by the caretaker committee of the party to INEC.
A paid reporter, working with “THIS DAY” quoted an anonymous person in the APC secretariat seconding the above fact.
We shouldn’t forget instantaneously the provisions of the Electoral Act which does not empower a caretaker committee to submit a candidate’s name to INEC.
The Electoral Act only empowers the National Chairman and secretary of the party to sign the above.
It should be recalled that Giadom, who submitted his handing over notes to the new caretaker committee in the early hours of today, already wrote to INEC that there was no primary election conducted in Edo state.
As it now appears, pastor Ize Iyamu needs a court with requisite and competent jurisdiction to compel INEC to accept his name and not a caretaker committee.
Pastor Ize Iyamu has now till 11:30 pm to do what he needs to do to have his name recognized. As his name has not been submitted to INEC. INEC cannot deal with the caretaker committee, and the caretaker committee cannot give instructions to INEC or submit candidates’ names or conduct elections.
The job of the committee is to conduct salient conventions for the party and not to relate with INEC as they have no business with INEC.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company