The Bayelsa Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed the election of Senator Duoye Diri as Bayelsa State Governor.
The three-man panel took the decision on Saturday a month after the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal filed by a former aspirant of the Bayelsa governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Timi Alaibe, challenging the candidacy of Senator Diri in the November 2019 election.
In a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Owodunni, the tribunal held that the petition filed by mister Owei Woniwei of the Alliance for Democracy is incompetent and lacks merit.
The Tribunal further held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegations of the forged declaration of age and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharged certificate levelled against the Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence.
- BREAKING!! Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew In Lagos
- BREAKING! Biafra And Ambazonia Meet, Signs State Treaty In Germany
- HOT!! Donald Trump Reacts As U.S Military Storm Nigeria Forest, Rescue American Held On Hostage
- If I Had My Way, I Will Order Ayade To Step Aside To Learn How Administrations Are Actually Done — Obong of Calabar
- Some Poor Nigerians Have Returned Their Loot, I Wish The Ruling Class Can Reciprocate And Return Their Own Loot Too — Agba Jalingo
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM Recruitment 2020 /2021 ) Massive Recruitment https://tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng/
- Current Job Vacancies in Abuja at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc ( 4 Positions )
- British American Tobacco 2020 Recruitment for a Graduate Warehouse Assistant
- African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) 2020 / 2021 Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP)
- Job Recruitment at Lagos Business School ( 3 Positions )