The Federal Government says banks will open for commercial operations in Abuja , Lagos and Ogun States beginning Monday , May 4.
The National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID – 19 , Dr Sani Aliyu , disclosed in an ongoing update in Abuja monitored by The PUNCH .
Aliyu said banks would be allowed to open between 8 am and 2pm in the three places .
He said , “In terms of the banks , this continues to be a recurring issue for all of us
We have been in touch with the CBN governor .
“Moving on from Monday , banks will open and they will operate normal services from 8 am to 2 pm . That is six hours but there will be the usual restrictions would expect, for instance , self -distancing and the use of temperature monitors , hand hygiene, and making sure the capacities of banking halls are restricted so that people do not come together .”
The PUNCH had reported that the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd .) , during his address to the nation on Monday night, announced the “gradual easing” of the more than five -week lockdown in Abuja , Lagos and Ogun as part of measures to curb the spread of the pandemic .
He , however , imposed a 6 am to 8 am curfew in the three places till further notice .
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health