Action Against Hunger, a humanitarian organisation, has announed the killing of one of its workers in Borno State by terrorists.
In a statement on its website, the organisation stated that the attack occurred on Thursday, along the road to Damasak, saying five others are still missing.
The statement read partly, “During the attack on the convoy of vehicles, “one of the drivers was killed, while one Action Against Hunger staff member, two of the drivers and three health workers are missing.
The statement partly read, “We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident as these are colleagues dedicated to providing life-saving assistance to individuals and families affected by the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the northeast of Nigeria. We are very concerned and want to ensure that they are safe and can be reunited with their families.
“We express our deepest condolences to the family of our driver and we extend our support to the family of our missing colleagues as well as others affected by this incident.”
Action Against Hunger is active in the provision of humanitarian assistance in the northeast part of Nigeria, with emphasis on women and children.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company