Youths from the both warring side of Ebonyi state and Cross River state yesterday agreed to a ceasefire at the various flashpoints of the boundary between them.
The areas include Igbeagu in Izzi local government area of Ebonyi state who are in border conflict with the people of Ukelle in Yala local government area of Cross River.
Also the ceasefire agreement will involve the people of Obubura, Adadama community in Abi local government area, f Cross River state, who are at loggerheads with the people of Asofia Edda, Okpoitumo in Abakiliki local government area of Ebonyi state.
The ceasefire accord was reached yesterday at the Pastoral Centre, Abakiliki during a peace meeting.
The meeting was at the instance of Ikwo/Izzi Youths Peace Movement(IIYPM) led by Barr. Pascal Nnaji Nwenyi and Dickland Avonna. However, the paper documentation and signing by both side will be done in Calabar, next week. But in a symbolic gesture, the youths from the two states embraced each other, ate and drank together.
South East Trust reports that normalcy is gradually returning to the troubled areas since August when officials of IIYPM approached their counterparts seeking for peace. The recurring crises have led to the death of dozens of persons and rendered thousands homeless. Similarly many people lost their properties
Credit : Daily Trust.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company