The appointment takes effect from 8 July.
He replaces Dr.Maikanti Baru as the 19th Group Managing Director of the National Oil Company.
The president also appointed 7 new Seven Chief Operating Officers. The new appointees are to Work with current officeholders till 7th July 2019.
This was contained in a press release signed on Thursday, June 20, 2019.
The statement reads:
NNPC gets New GMD, Seven Chief Operating Officers…New Appointees to Work with Current Office Holders till 7th July 2019 President Buhari has appointed Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari as the new Group Managing Director of the Group.
A release today in Abuja by the NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, stated that President Buhari also appointed alongside Kyari, seven new Chief Operating Officers.
Until his new appointment, Mele Kyar, a geologist, was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division o NNPC and also doubled, since 13th May, 2018, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.
President Buhari has directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed COOs work with the current occupiers of the various offices till 7th July, 2019 towards a smooth transition on 8th July 2019 when their appointments would take effect to ensure a smooth transition…
However, the appointment of Mr. Farouk Garba Said (North West), who is replacing a retiring Chief Operating Officer, is effective from 28th June 2019. The newly appointed Chief Operating Officers are:
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executive recruitment
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company