The tribunal has struck out of a witness statement written by former Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, in support of the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against President Muhammadu Buhari and All Progressives Congress (APC).
Chidoka served as the National Collation Officer of the PDP during the last presidential election and testified as a star witness for the petitioner.
Also, the tribunal on Wednesday upheld argument by INEC that it was wrong by the petitioners to raise criminal allegations of intimidation, harassment, corruption, etc against security personnel and some named persons, but who are not parties to the petition.
Meanwhile, the tribunal has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari lacked the jurisdiction to entertain allegation of corrupt practices and voters’ inducement raised against Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the PDP.
In its 5th ruling of the day, the court equally upheld the argument by Buhari’s legal team, led by Wole Olanipekun (SAN) that it was wrong for the petitioners to raise such grievous allegation against Osinbajo without joining him as a party in the petition to enable him defend himself against the allegation.
Again, the tribunal struck out argument by the All Progressives Congress (APC) that presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) Atiku Abubakar was not qualified to contest the last presidential election because he is allegedly not a Nigerian by birth.
In its 6th ruling on Wednesday, the court said its power does not include determining the qualification of a petitioner in an election dispute.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution