President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the National Minimum Wage, Daily Trust has reliably gathered.
Sources in the State House told our correspondent that the president assented to the bill today.
Presidential adviser on National Assembly (Senate), Sen Ita Enang is being expected to brief the State House Correspondents on the development.
Recall that the Senate in March approved the sum of N30,000 as national minimum wage for both the federal and state governments.
The approval followed the adoption of the report of the adhoc committee on the National Minimum Wage chaired Deputy Chief Whip Francis Alimekhena (APC, Edo).
The N30,000 approved by the Senate is N3,000 higher than the N27,000 proposal submitted by the Executive arm in January.
The Senate approval followed that of the House of Representatives, which equally approved N30,000 as national minimum wage in January.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager