Buhari Talks Tough, Says His Government Won’t Allow A Repeat Of #ENDSARS Protest Again
President Muhammadu Buhari says he will not allow a repeat of the #EndSARS protests that rocked the country in October.
At a meeting of the National Security Council (NSC) on Tuesday, he said “relevant stakeholders”, including the youth, will be carried along to forestall a repeat.
Relevant ministers are also attending the National Security Council meeting.
Security chiefs in attendance include the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar; Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu; Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rafa’i Abubakar; and the Director-General of the Directorate of State Services, Yusuf Bichi.
Briefing State House Correspondents on the proceedings from the meeting, the Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Dingyadi, said President Buhari also stated that Nigerians, especially the youth, would be carried along by the administration in issues concerning maintenance of peace in the country.
He said the Council expressed concerns over the deplorable security situation in the northern part of the country and agreed it must be dealt with more decisively, employing proactive methods.
More details to follow…
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited